The department was founded in 2014.
The history of the department is associated with the names of such outstanding scientists as doctors of historical sciences, professors Eugene E. Kaminsky, Boris Mikhailovych Gonchar, doctors of political sciences, professors Boris Ivanovych Kantsilyaruk and other well-known specialists in the field of transatlantic research.
Areas of research of the department:
- History of the Euro-Atlantic countries;
- history of international relations;
- history, socio-economic and cultural relations of Ukraine with the countries of Europe and America, analysis and forecasting of development of these relations;
- the system of international relations in the context of planetary challenges;
- international security, the settlement of international conflicts, the influence of geopolitical processes, interethnic and interconfessional relations on international security in the age of globalization and regionalization.
The department studies history and problems of international relations of Europe and America, global and regional aspects of the functioning of international systems. The department's staff studies trends in international relations with an emphasis on the theory, practical experience and peculiarities of the interaction of international actors in the modern world.
Topics of the Scientific research work for 2017-2018:
"Foreign Policy Strategies of the Leading States of the Euro-Atlantic Space in the Context of Ukraine's National Interest".