The department was founded in 2014.
The department is largely a successor to the scientific direction established by the corresponding member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (since 2008 - the academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine), Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor Oleg Grygorovych Bilorus, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine, the first ambassador of the Independent Ukraine to the United States. The department's history is associated with the names of such prominent scholars as Dr. Yuri M. Maciejko and a candidate of political sciences, Ph.D. Anatoly Maksymovych Zlenko.
The Ukrainian School of Globalistics, founded by the Department, is also developing thanks to the annual international conferences on problems of globalization, which are conducted jointly with other domestic and foreign scientific institutions.
Areas of research of the department:
- the problems of globalization and regionalization;
- world cultural and civilization development;
- world-system transformations in the conditions of global development;
- civilization and value shifts and competing versions of the progress of the present;
- socio-political and informational and communication factors of contemporary world development;
- influence of geopolitical processes, interethnic and interconfessional relations on international security.
The subject of scientific research of the department covers the historical development of civilizations, the problems of international global economic, communication and environmental competitiveness, globalization and regional globalistics, the domination of the corporate system in the world as a source of globalization forces.
The topics of the Scientific research work for 2017-2019 are:
"Historical Development of Civilizations in the Context of Globalization: Valuable Dimension".